trend 1.4 17/07/2016
- Fixed another build failure with GCC 6.1.
trend 1.3 20/01/2016
- Fixed build failure with GCC >= 6.
- Fixed spelling errors in the manpage.
trend 1.2 17/11/2009
- Fix linking error with “binutils-gold”
trend 1.1 14/08/2009
- Auto-scaling now considers only the current graph when multiple graphs are
present and “hide others” is in effect.
- ‘Legend’ is now properly called ‘Key’. The ‘nN’ key bindings were also
remapped to ‘kK’ for consistency.
- Infinity is now handled like NaNs.
- DEPRECATES: ‘nN’ key bindings are still available, but should no longer be
used, use ‘kK’ instead.
trend 1.0 11/08/2009
- Fix man page warnings.
- Use a traditional version numbering scheme.
Rev #58 03/10/2006 to Rev #68 02/11/2007
- Polling rate limits can now be configured dynamically.
- Latency sampling now also shows maximal sync times.
- NaNs can now be entered in the stream and highlighted.
- Memory usage reduction (reduced in half).
- ‘Z’ allows to specify view limits by center and amplitude.
- Support for multiple graphs in a single instance.
- Using ‘-‘ as a file name now causes stdin to be read.
Rev #54 28/04/2006 to Rev #58 03/10/2006
- Graph filling can be enabled with ‘f’.
- ‘d’ now affects filling mode as well.
- Messages are now removed also when paused.
- Created a man page (trend.1).
Rev #49 05/12/2005 to Rev #54 28/04/2006
- Changing zero now aligns the graph instead of the grid.
- Fixed hung on negative ‘grid-spec’.
Rev #44 23/07/2005 to Rev #49 05/12/2005
- Console is no longer used for input, an embedded line editor is now used (ie
when setting limits/grid-spec interactively, stdin will eventually be used
for remote controlling).
- Console is no longer used for output (except for fatal errors), messages are
now displayed on screen.
- Zero can be set interactively with ‘z’.
- Dragging inside the distribution graph now shows the distribution count for
the selected value.
Rev #40 15/04/2005 to Rev #44 23/07/2005
- Solaris build fixes.
- Ported to OS X.
Rev #35 14/12/2004 to Rev #40 15/04/2005
- Correctly align X grid lines in scrolling mode.
- hist-spec now uses “x” instead of “*”.
- Support for direct binary input.
- New example (see timeq) and cleanup.
- DEPRECATES: N*M hist-specs should no longer be used, use NxM instead. -i and
-r flags should no longer be used, use -ci -cd.
Rev #27 02/11/2004 to Rev #35 14/12/2004
- An “history specification” can be used on the command line as a simplified
alternative to the hist-sz/x-div pair.
- Visual latency sampling/visualisation.
- Differential input.
- Grid enhancements/offsetting.
Rev #23 29/10/2004 to Rev #27 02/11/2004
- Incorrectly initialised buffers could cause interactive indicators to
malfunction for first values.
- Visualisation can be paused while still consuming data.
- ‘A’ re-scales the graph without activating auto-scaling.
Rev #20 21/10/2004 to Rev #23 29/10/2004
- Optimisations and huge internal latency reductions.
- Fixed precision truncation in auto-scaling.
- Fixed scrolling mode for “history” non multiple of “divisions”.
- Created a support/testing mailing list. See README for details.
Rev #15 27/09/2004 to Rev #20 21/10/2004
- Implemented distribution graph.
- Fixed trend for plain files.
- Fixed parsing bug (unterminated buffer).
- Fixed precision truncation in drawing code.
Rev #11 21/09/2004 to Rev #15 27/09/2004
- Fixed standard X11/GLUT options (-display, -geometry, etc)
- Implemented interactive indicators.
Rev #4 09/09/2004 to Rev #11 21/09/2004
- Several optimisations. Code cleanup.
- Colours are configurable.
- All options have a command line flag now.
- current/min/max values can be shown on the graph.
- New shading mode.
- Input can be an incremental counter.
- Grid positioning was fixed.
- The grid now disables itself when it’s too dense to be drawn.
- Auto-scaling can be toggled dynamically.